Gas Field Specialists, Inc. is an independent gas service company with offices located in New York and Pennsylvania. Exemplary customer relationships drive our growth and prosperity. GFS is committed to working safely, having pride and integrity in all aspects of our work, and respecting all coworkers and customers. By doing so, GOAL ZERO becomes attainable. The honesty, intelligence and commitment of our people are vital to GFS's mission. We share pride in the Company and respect each individual's contribution at every level.
Gas Field Specialists, Inc. is seeking a Layout Technician. This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Layout Technicians design and draw fabricated parts to be welded or assembled. They Plan and develop layouts from blueprints and existing site conditions, applying knowledge of geometry, piping design, effects of heat, and properties of metals.
Specific Educational/Vocational Requirements:
• Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in welding, plus at least three years of related work experience.
• Combination of education, experience and training may be substituted for these requirements.
• 3-5 years’ experience in construction or oil & gas industries.
• Working knowledge of pipe sizes, wall thicknesses and commonly used pipe fittings
• Working knowledge of structural steel shapes and sizes
• Working knowledge of commonly installed production equipment for oil and gas facilities
• Well-versed in geometry
• Ability to layout oil & gas facilities from scratch
• Ability to read blue prints, Iso-metric drawings and P&ID’s
• Management experience a plus
• Layout and design parts and workpieces to ensure proper constructability and assembly
• Design templates or patterns
• Sketch piping iso-metrics in the field
• Create 2D and 3D renderings of piping as sketched using Solidworks
• Develop BOM from created supplied drawings
• Layout parts to prepare for assembly
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Familiar with ASME 31.3 and 31.8
• Familiar with API 1104
• Familiar with SMAW welding techniques and procedures
• Familiar with welding equipment and consumables
• Familiar with commonly used layout tools; Plumb bob, laser, string lines, tape measure, protractor, etc.
• Working knowledge of Oil and Gas industry
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills with employees at all levels of the company
• Proficient in Microsoft Basic Software
• Ability to keep company proprietary information confidential
Selected applicant will be subject to background check and pre-employment physical with drug/alcohol testing. We offer competitive salary & benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K Plan, and Paid Time Off. Qualified applicants may visit our website ( to complete an online application.
Gas Field Specialists, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.